I’m not one to go ‘out out’ as I tend to live my life as a 85 year old woman who would rather curl up in bed with a book. But the Christmas Party with work is around the corner and I was invited to a hen night so I’ve been shopping for something suitable.
When the lovely Erica at Talented Talkers got in touch, asking if I’d like to take part in George at Asda’s #GeorgePartyTips campaign I thought it was perfect timing! I had a browse on site and this gorgeous playsuit caught my eye. Admittedly, this is a huge jump out of my comfort zone as I usually go with shift dresses, which hide a multitude of sins. I’d say that is my main tip if you are like me and stick to the same style, try something completely out of your comfort zone, you’ll surprise yourself. Although you can see my lumps and bumps in this outfit (and my arms were out – my main body issue) I felt really confident, and that is the main thing, right?
This playsuit was only £25 and everyone has been really surprised when they’ve asked – as it looks so much more expensive. The quality is really good and made the perfect outfit for dancing away with friends. I paired this with two new purchases; New Look heels and my Aspinal of London clutch bag which finished the look off perfectly.
- Take a huge leap out of your comfort zone and try styles you wouldn’t usually. Of course I’m all for comfort on a night out, but you might be surprised when you try a style you usually wouldn’t and you look and feel great!
- Plan your outfit in advance! There is nothing worse than doing your hair and make-up perfectly and then emptying your wardrobe all over your bedroom floor in an attempt to find the outfit for the evening. Even if you have a couple of options, you’ll at least know whether you actually need to fake tan. The whole jumpsuit thing made me thankful as I didn’t have to get the fake tan out!
- Spend the whole night in the toilet? Don’t pick a jumpsuit or playsuit, no matter how good they look! I’m quite lucky on a night out as I can hold out a while until I ‘break the seal’. Nobody wants to be naked in a cubicle unable to work out how to get back into their outfit…
- Clueless on how to perfect the smokey eye? Make time to get on YouTube and watch endless tutorials. You may not be a make-up artist but you’ll come out of it with some idea!
- False eyelashes can finish your make-up off perfectly, even if it does take you 30 minutes to get them on… (Yes I am useless!).
What are your party tips?
Follow bethanyworrall on bloglovin’ to keep up to date with all posts!